Monday, March 17, 2008

December 23



Today was mostly a travel day. We made our way back to Frankfurt to return the car and catch our train. The train ended up being 45 minutes late, so we had to wait around the station for a while. I was shocked. This is quite rare for German trains. We ended up missing our connecting train in Basel, Switzerland, so we had to wait there a while too. It was already evening by the time we got to Lausanne. A friend of mine had gone back to the US to spend the holidays with her family, and had offered her apartment for us. It was very generous of her. It was perfect for us, because there was enough sleeping space for my four family members (I just slept at my place,) and then we also had a kitchen at our disposal. I was excited to have the chance to make some traditional Swiss fare for my family.

No comments: